Do you want more energy and focus? Where do you start? How do you begin the journey to live a healthier life? Health and wellness expert, Chris Johnson recently talked to WCHE 1520 am Radio about how to embrace healthy changes in your lifestyle.
Your body needs rest, nutrition, and movement. When you put effort into these 3 aspects of your life, there will be positive changes. In order to live a fuller life, it is not just about food, it is a lifestyle change.
Below are Chris’s tips for making small changes to increase engagement, creativity, focus, and happiness.
- 3 times a week, fast for 12 hours. Try to fast from 7 pm until you wake up the next morning at 7 am. This is a great way for your body to clean itself.
- Eat Omega-3 foods (salmon, tuna, white fish, walnuts, chia seeds, egg yolks). These foods provide essential fatty acids.
- Focus on the 80/20 Rule. 80% of the time you eat healthily and allow yourself 20% to indulge in treats and special occasions.
- For weight loss, 15-20 minutes is sufficient if you are working at a moderate to high intensity.
- Pay attention to your posture. Proper posture alignment can improve muscle imbalances.
- Stretching and yoga poses can improve your flexibility.
- Don’t bring technology into your bedroom.
- Have a calm sleeping environment.
- Be mindful of too much exercise/not enough exercise.
- Have down time before you try to fall asleep otherwise, your mind will keep you awake.
Click below to listen to Chris' full podcast on Chamber Chatter Radio!Chris Johnson on Chamber Chatter.mp3